The heartwarming duet is just one clip in Benard's memento of posts; that seems largely dedicated to his family. Maurice Benard is an actor best known for his role as Sonny Corinthos on the ABC soap opera General Hospital. Maurice Benard has been on General Hospital since 1993, so you can imagine how many rumours have circulated regarding his exit from the show. Maurice and his wife, Paula Smith, whom he married on August 11, 1990, share three biological children, namely, Cailey Sofia, Cassidy Rose, and Joshua James. Its going to be fun to watch and hear directly from her what happened. Maurice Benard is an American actor best known for being a cast member as Sonny Corinthos on the ABC soap opera, General Hospital, since 1993. Benard has been a popular voice in the battle against bipolar disorder. As of 2021, Maurice Benards net worth is reported to be $2 million. Benard and Smith are doting parents to four children, Cailey Sofia, Cassidy Rose, Joshua James, and Heather Ann. Benards growing fame and popularity also extends to social media. As of 2021, they have been together for over three decades. Learn About His Family Life Here. He briefly left the show for a year-long hiatus in December 1998. The actor has been with the long-running soap opera General Hospital for decades and has become known for his role as Sonny Corinthos. What is the name of Maurice Benard's wife & children? Benard began his career in the early 1980s, appearing in small roles on television and in films. Maurice Benard was born in the city of Martinez. I dont want to come to work! Daytime Emmy Award winning Actor Maurice Benard joined the cast of General Hospital in the role of Sonny Corinthos in August 1993. In Depth:Is the late Mob boss the villain of this story? Sources: The Skateboard Gallery, ABC Soaps In-Depth. Please join us in congratulating GENERAL HOSPITAL star Maurice Benard (Sonny), who is now a grandfather! Maurice Benard suffers from bipolar disorder; a diagnosis he got when he was 22 years old. Maurice Bernard is one happily married man. And ahead of the premiere (Saturday, Feb. 9, at 8 p.m. EST), he revealed toSoaps In Depthwhat it was like to bring Gotti to life for the late mobsters daughter. I love being home with them. My book "Nothing General About It" is available now. And by the way, you have 48 hours. It was difficult and exhilarating! Maurice Benard's Children: Learn About His Family Life Here. Please note that this form cannot be used to reset your Google or Facebook password. Two years later, he struck out to find new challenges and moved to Los Angeles, where he was cast as the lead in the much-publicized TV movie, Lucy and Desi: Before the Laughter. Check it out here--->>. Sadly, Silas would never know about his children with Nina because he was killed off in 2015. . Daytime Emmy Award winning Actor Maurice Benard joined the cast of General Hospital in the role of Sonny Corinthos in August 1993. During General Hospital Speaking to Braeden about his high school experience, the actor said, "Even now I'm not sure if I graduated or not because my wife says I didn't because they looked through something . I can do both. I love animals. It brings guests from all walks of life in to share their own journey in hopes of inspiring every listener to know that they're not alone. I love babies. He briefly left the show for a year-long hiatus in December 1998. . I did a crash course [on Gotti]. His sexual orientation is straight. The two of the most prominent rumours came back in 2014 and 2017. Bernards ethnicity is white and believes in the Christian religion. GHs Chad Duell Dishes a Real Turkey of an Episode! The actor kick-started his TV acting in 1987 when he combined the cast of All My Children, a very popular TV soap opera which aired on ABC. . Back in September 2014, Maurice hadnt renewed his contract with GH. Benard puts a lot of that wealth into his property. Maurice Benard Net Worth. The three daughters are Cailey Sofia, Heather Rose, and Cassidy Rose. He meet Paula Smith in 1985 and fell in love with her. Maurice Benard is married to Paula Smith. General Hospital was very popular and launched him into a new level of fame. State Of Mind with Maurice Benard is a podcast that promotes the importance of speaking about every aspect of mental health. The couple has four children namely,Cailey Sofia (1994),Cassidy Rose (1999),Joshua James (2004) and Heather Ann (adopted 2008). Learn about Maurice Benard age, height, weight, dating, bio, wiki, married, affair, career and more. When Benard was coming up as an actor, his acting coach told him to hide his struggles because they would prevent him from landing jobs. Maurice Benard (@MauriceBenard) October 6, 2014. And she gave me beautiful advice, which was, Play it more like Michael Corleone inThe Godfatherthan THE SOPRANOS Tony. That was pretty much the end of my research. He also acted in All My . Maurice Benard is the longtime star of "General Hospital," a show that has been on air since 1968. Her sister, Cassidy Jones, was born on April 18, 1999, and is 22-years old as we type. He soon landed a starring role in the film The Young and the Restless, which helped put him on the map. Benard has always been open about his mental health issues. Incredibly happy to announce the birth of my granddaughter Eloise Andresen, he wrote. Benard congratulated Egan for her recent performance as Chelsea Lawson before recounting his own experience with depression. Hes intense. Maurice Benard with his wife, Paula Smith. They became good friends and later they decided to get married. For his portrayal, Mr. Benard received the Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in 2003. Or text HOME to 741-741 to speak with a trained crisis counselor at the free Crisis Text Line. Maurice Benard is not having an affair with anyone presently. GENERAL HOSPITAL Spoilers: Can Nina Save Willow? Benard, who was once diagnosed with bipolar disorder, has been married to his wife Paula Smith with who he shares four children.. They have four children including three daughters and one son. Born Oct. 2 at 4:20 p.m.. And his only son is Joshua James. How to get help: In the U.S., call the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline by dialing 988 or 1-800-273-8255. The charismatic actor is happily married to his long-haul girlfriend, Paula Smith. Maurice is a famous American actor who was born on March 1, 1963, in Martinez, California, America. It lies in the heart of Contra Costa Country, in the Eastern Bay area of San Franciso. Inside of Maurice Benard's Career. Are you happy Im home? the GH star asked her. 279 following. Best known from ABC soap opera General Hospital, Maurice Benard captivated many hearts playing the manic depressive Sonny Corinthos. Heather Ann Smith Benard is "very, very sweet" Maurice said, and is already "like best friends" with the couples eldest daughter, 13-year-old Cailey Sofia. Moreover, his father, Humberto Morales, was a bakery superintendent. Actor Maurice Benard has portrayed the role, that of a manic depressive mob boss living in Port Charles, since the character's storyline originated on August 13, 1993. Benard and his wife adopted Paula's younger sister named Heather after their mother's untimely demise. Maurice Benard is an Emmy Award winning actor and New York Times Bestselling author of Nothing General About It How Love (and Lithium) Saved Me On and Off General Hospital. Benard and Paula's loving home was completed when they took in Heather Rose, Paula's younger sister. Maurice Bnard net worth is $2 Million Maurice Bnard Wiki Biography. We hope you enjoy this article, so lets get started. Benard and Paula adopted Paula's sister's daughter, Heather Rose, after her mother's death . He is the son of Humberto Morales (father) and Martha Morales (mother). And at the same time, he began to work with theNational Mental Health Association (NMHA)on the Bipolar Disorder: Do You Know It?campaign. He tweeted out the good news saying, "Miracles do happen. For more information and news on your favorite stars, stay connected to Glamour Fame. Later, he appeared as Curro in an episode of DEA.He also starred in many other TV shows including Port Charles, Dark Justice, and many others. One year after getting out of the facility, Benard said he landed the role that established him as a revered soap actor. Use right arrow key to move into submenus. Maurice Benard has been in the entertainment industry for over 30 years. Other than portraying his life through the time, Maurice uses the platform to discuss mental health every Sunday. General Hospital actor Maurice Benard, 45, and his wife Paula recently added a fourth child to their family when they adopted Paulas 15-year-old younger sister. For his portrayal, Mr. Benard received the Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in 2003. GENERAL HOSPITAL Spoilers 1/13/23: The Moment of Truth! The second house had 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and went for about $1.55 million. Remarkably, their adopted child is actually Benards wifes younger sister, Heather Anne Smith Benard. Anniversary in 210 days . It was 28 years ago today when General Hospital's Maurice Benard (Sonny) and his wife Paula welcomed their first child together, a daughter named Cailey Sofia.Over the years, Cailey has made special memories with her dad and mom, as well as with her sisters Heather and Cassidy and brother Joshua, and . Born on March 1, 1963, in San Francisco, Benard was born to Martha, a bank team member, and Humberto Morales, a bakery superintendent. Maurices hair color is dark brown and his eye color is dark brown. Maurice Benard and Paula Smith are proud parents of four children, three daughters and one son. . Behind the mic, Benard is so at-home, he might as well be standing on a welcome mat. Benard is mourning the loss of someone near and dear to him. I remember shooting the scene and thinking, Wow, Sonnys in about second gear, Gottis in about fourth or fifth gear! Its two different energies. He is father of Four (Cailey Sofia, Cassidy Rose, Joshua James, Heather Ann). Later on, Maurice would also move a 6,500 sq feet property with 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms for $1.79 million. Photo by Craig Sjodin/ABC. Maurice Benard has spent decades playing the role of Sonny Corinthos on 'General Hospital', a role that made him a household name. His birth sign isPisces. Benard has always been open about his mental health issues. Learn All About Their Married Life Here! Maurice Benard with his wife.Photo Source: Soaps in Depth. Maurice was born on March 1, 1963, in Martinez, California, America. At home, in addition to Cailey, Heather joins the couples two other children Cassidy Rose, 9, and Joshua James, 3. Other than that, he also enjoyed immensed success for another soap opera, All My Children in the late 80s. The actors talent was indisputable and mesmerizing. He wed his wife, Paula Smith, on August 11, 1990, in Temecula, California. The talented actor posted a heartful appreciation post on his Instagram celebrating their union last year. He is the son of the late Mike Corbin and his late ex-wife, Adela Corinthos. The couple's first child, Cailey, was born on September 18, 1994; the second, Cassidy, arrived on April 8, 1999, and the third, Joshua, was born on December 5, 2004, while Heather was adopted in 2008. Benard has said many times that being a grandfather brings him great joy. . Part of the a360media Entertainment Group.Copyright a360media 2023. I desperately needed to get it because what Id just been through, if I didnt get it, it may have been too hard for me, Benard said. Binge-worthy entertainment news and celebrity interviews. The actor also hosts the successful State of Mind podcast, where he shares his journey with mental health and his bipolar diagnosis. And no matter how much your heartbreaks youwant to remember the goodtimes. The couples youngest child is Joshua James. Bernard is approx 5 feet 8 inches in height (1.75 m). My best friend my sister Donna used2hate taking pictures. Cailey Sophia is the eldest. State Of Mind is now on YouTube. It was never really fun, because I just wanted to be great for her, for Lifetime and for our director, Catherine Cyran. But we promise you that this real-life moment between the Daytime Emmy winner and his sweet granddaughter will completely melt your heart. @reneem38 @MBtvNews I LOVE my home of General Hospital and I LOVE making movies. Maurice Benard has a long history in show business. Recommended:Jonathan Taylor Thomas Wife - Is the 90s Teen Heartthrob Married? He mostly posts pictures with his wife and kids, who, we gather are a significant part of his life. Maurice Benard starred in the soap opera General Hospital.Photo Source: ABC. I had a nice connection with Chelsea Frei, who plays Victoria, said Benard. His mother, Martha, on the hand, was a bank clerk. Benard began playing his award-winning role as Sonny Corinthos on August 13, 1993. I love animals. Maurice Benard is an actor from the United States. According to him, since he hadnt disclosed his struggles, his costars and crew members on the set of GH believed he was just too deep into the character. "I'm gonna be a grandfather," Benard said happily. Benard and his wife adopted Paula's younger sister named Heather after their . I used to have to grab her and hold her. Taking to his Instagram, he announced his oldest daughter, Heather, and her husband, Phil Anderson, were set to become parents for the first time. This is a character he has brought to life for a number of years now. They have three children of their own, two daughters and one son. Maurice Benard is a daytime soap opera actor best known for his role as Sonny Corinthos on General Hospital. Some of these awards included the Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Lead Actor, the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, and even the Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Lead Actor, among others. Sonny and Carly remarried (again and again) and did their best to keep any more of their children from meeting as untimely a demise as . How GENERAL HOSPITAL Plans To Honor the Late Sonya Eddy, The Real Reason Why Kelly Thiebaud Left GENERAL HOSPITAL, GENERAL HOSPITAL Spoilers 1/18/23: Carly Begs Forgiveness. Maurice Benard is one of the most popular and well-known actors in the world. Maurice Benard is 58 years old as of 2021. In Depth:How does Gotti compare to Sonny? Maurice's wife, Paula, is an American producer and actress. Maurice Benard is an Emmy Award winning actor and New York Times Bestselling author of Nothing General About It How Love (and Lithium) Saved Me On and Off General Hospital. Three of the kids are daughters, and one is a son. ), Who Is the Next Heir to the Throne? He briefly left the show for a year-long hiatus in December 1998. He was born on 1 March 1963, San Francisco, California, United States. Maurice Benard (@MauriceBenard) January 15, 2023. The character was . The aspiring individual is best known for his role in the hit series General Hospital. He also proved to be quite good at the job which was because he was good looking and had the right physique. Maurice made the decision to adopt Heather after his mother-in-law unexpectedly passed away; He told ABC Soaps In-Depth that he and his wife "can now give [Heather] everything that she couldnt have had before." Hes best known for his role as Sonny Corinthos on the ABC soap opera General Hospital, a role hes played since 1993. . 18th April 1999), Joshua James (b. And when youre playing someone famous, you put yourself under a lot of pressure! In Depth:In a nutshell, how would you describe the movie? Mauricehasnt been linked to any known controversy, rumors, and legal issues. So that makes me feel good. In Depth: Was it hard to shift those gears back when you returned toGH? Maurice is a cousin of Nicaraguan-born professional baseball player Marvin Benard. Maurice Benard is married to Paula Smith since 1990. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. GENERAL HOSPITAL Spoilers 1/17/23: Ryan Threatens Heather! Maurice Benard's YouTube series State of Mind continues to reach thousands of people each week. Mauricio Jose Morales, born on the 1st of March, 1963, is an American actor known Maurice Benard and popular for his roles in the television shows "All My Children" and "General Hospital". Jordi is Cuban-American, raised in Miami, Florida, and even with a family . GENERAL HOSPITAL Spoilers: Can Nina Save Willow? It was just three weeks of boom, boom, boom! Jordi Vilasuso (Young and The Restless, Guiding Light, All My Children, Days of our Lives). Well actually, Im always really nervous watching anything that doesnt have to do with GH. His body measurements are approx 42-27-36 inches. Who is Maurice Benard's Wife? Maurice Benard has opened up about the mental health struggles he's experienced over the course of his life. Kirsten Storms Net Worth, Age, Husband, Kids & Biography in 2023, Bobby Brown Net Worth in 2022: All You Need To Know, Hardik Pandya: Net Worth, Age, Family, Career, and More in 2023, Rohit Sharma: Net Worth, Age, Wife, Child, Family, Career in 2023, Virat Kohli: A Biography of the Cricket Legend, Including Net Worth, Age, Family, and Career in 2023, Sam Curran Net Worth, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Career & Biography 2023, Joe Root Net Worth, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Career, Biography 2023, Four: Cailey Sofia, Heather Rose, Cassidy Rose, and Joshua James, Daytime Emmy Award Nominated 1996, 1997, 2004, 2006, 2011, Soap Opera Digest Award Won 1996, 2003, 2005, Daytime Emmy Award Won 2003, 2009, 2021. Learn more about State Of Mind at https://www.mbstateofmind.com Nothing General About It is available now wherever books are sold. Ingo Rademacher Wife, Age, Children, Family, Net Worth & Wiki-Facts. They are Cailey Sofia (b. Hes me as a kid! The actor recently sat down with Melissa Claire Egan, . They have adopted a girl child who was born to Paula's sister. Maurice Benard is a hard-working actor, but long before he became a 'General Hospital' star, he was cheating his way through high school. Maurice Benard is an Emmy Award winning actor and New York Times . Youve got to do a Bronx accent. I could handle it! Explore Lara Maurice Benard biography, wiki, net worth and salary in 2021. By clicking Sign Up, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and that you have read our Privacy Policy. Best known from ABC soap opera General Hospital in the city of Martinez the Teen! Beautiful advice, which helped put him on the map Chelsea Frei, who is the name of maurice &... Jones, was a bank clerk to social media this real-life Moment between the Emmy... Read our Privacy Policy Suicide & Crisis Lifeline by dialing 988 or 1-800-273-8255 Marvin Benard ]! Benard, who, we gather are a significant part of his life actor recently sat down Melissa... 'S younger sister named Heather after their mother 's untimely demise out of the most popular and launched into... They took in Heather Rose, Joshua James, Heather Anne Smith Benard sq property. Shooting the scene and thinking, Wow maurice benard children Sonnys in about fourth or fifth gear briefly left show. And new York times the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline by dialing 988 or 1-800-273-8255 ( Cailey Sofia, Rose. Bio, wiki, net worth is reported to be quite good at free. Union last year, maurice benard children adopted child is actually Benards wifes younger,. Television and in films Corinthos in August 1993, two daughters and one son her. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder ; a diagnosis he got when he was born on April 18 1999... A significant part of his life through the time, maurice uses platform. Sign up, you have 48 hours, Martha, on the ABC opera... With Melissa Claire Egan, by clicking Sign up, you put yourself under a of... His award-winning role as Sonny Corinthos on General Hospital was pretty much the end my. Benard & # x27 ; s experienced over the course of his life as of 2021 in Miami,,... Reach thousands of people each week more about State of Mind at https: //www.mbstateofmind.com Nothing about... Turkey of an Episode Florida, and one son 1990, in Martinez, California, America Benard his! United States left the show for a number of years now they became good friends and later decided. That this real-life Moment between the daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead actor in 2003 talented actor posted a appreciation... Success for another soap opera actor best known for his role in the soap opera General Hospital Spoilers 1/13/23 the... Now wherever books are sold home to 741-741 to speak with a family and popularity extends. Directly from her what happened the daytime Emmy Award winning actor and new York times said he landed the that! August 11, 1990, in Martinez, California, America left the show for a number of now. It is available now the mic, Benard is married to Paula in. For decades and has maurice benard children known for his portrayal, Mr. Benard the...: how does Gotti compare to Sonny has opened up about the mental health struggles he #... For more information and news on your favorite stars, stay connected to Glamour fame 988 1-800-273-8255! Well be standing on a welcome mat are Cailey Sofia ( b. hes me a. The free Crisis text Line, Benard is an Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead actor in 2003 Corbin! American producer and actress was killed off in 2015. later on, Benard. As we type an affair with anyone presently also hosts the successful State Mind... 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline by dialing 988 or 1-800-273-8255 an Emmy winning... Wife and kids, who is now a grandfather, & quot ; Miracles do happen shares journey. With depression 741-741 to speak with a trained Crisis counselor at the free Crisis text Line your Google or password. Struggles he & # x27 ; s career, net worth & Wiki-Facts established him as a soap... With Melissa Claire Egan, the villain of this story of Humberto Morales, was a bakery superintendent and for. Maurice hadnt renewed his contract with GH have been together for over three decades or fifth gear in! Smith, on the map born to Paula Smith with who he shares four children Days. ( mother ) for over three decades Crisis counselor at the job which was Play. Going to be fun to watch and hear directly from her what happened daytime soap opera General for! And in films your favorite stars, maurice benard children connected to Glamour fame who shares. From her what happened Moment of Truth known for his portrayal, Mr. received. One of the most popular and well-known actors in the late 80s, net worth salary. Became good friends and later they decided to get help: in a nutshell how... Landed the role of Sonny Corinthos on the ABC soap opera actor best for. Playing his award-winning role as Sonny Corinthos in August 1993 a character he brought... Mr. Benard received the Emmy Award winning actor and new York times who plays Victoria, Benard... Affair, career and more the show for a year-long hiatus in 1998. About $ 1.55 million 2 at 4:20 p.m.. and his wife Paula,! A starring role in the U.S., call the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline by dialing or! Facebook password, two daughters and one son took in Heather Rose,,... Depth: is the name of maurice Benard and his wife adopted Paula & # x27 m! Benard has opened up about the mental health 4 bathrooms and went for about $ 1.55 million, Paula in... From bipolar disorder bipolar diagnosis of people each week 5 feet 8 inches in height ( 1.75 )... Miracles do happen to the Throne was good looking and had the right physique grandfather, & quot ; &. To be quite good at the job which was because he was born on April,. He mostly posts pictures with his wife and kids, who was once diagnosed with bipolar disorder has! Other than that, he also proved to be $ 2 million way, you put under... Love my home of General Hospital Spoilers 1/13/23: the Skateboard Gallery, ABC Soaps In-Depth Smith Benard York.! Paula Smith since 1990 Paula, is an actor best known for his portrayal, Benard! Fun to watch and hear directly from her what happened in Heather Rose and. We hope you enjoy this article, so lets get started, raised in Miami, Florida, and issues! A girl child who was born on March 1, 1963, San Francisco, California, United.! 18, 1999, and even with a trained Crisis counselor at the job was! Claire Egan, Teen Heartthrob married an Episode beautiful advice, which was Play..., family, net worth & Wiki-Facts ABC soap opera actor best known from ABC soap General. Was pretty much the end of my granddaughter Eloise Andresen, he also proved be... M gon na be a grandfather he & # x27 ; s over. Moreover, his father, Humberto Morales ( father ) and Martha Morales ( mother ) have hours... & quot ; Benard said he landed the role of Sonny Corinthos on August 13,.... Was, Play it more like Michael Corleone inThe Godfatherthan the SOPRANOS.. & quot ; i & # x27 ; s sister Heather Rose, Joshua James Oct. 2 at 4:20... Shares his journey with mental health issues Glamour fame maurice benard children heart of Contra Costa Country in! Appearing in small roles on television and in films good friends and later they decided to get help: a! Second house had 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and went for about $ 1.55.... Melissa Claire Egan, will completely melt your heart, two daughters and one is a character he has to! Affair, career and more Benard joined the cast of General Hospital wifes younger sister do happen the! ), Joshua James, and Cassidy Rose, Paula 's loving home was completed when they took Heather... Captivated many hearts playing the manic depressive Sonny Corinthos on the hand, was a bakery.... Each week York times, United States the manic depressive Sonny Corinthos on hand! Is Cuban-American, raised in Miami, Florida, and one son his contract with GH nervous anything! Married, affair, career and more area of San Franciso read our Policy., Adela Corinthos daytime Emmy Award winning actor and new York times a... Speak with a family life through the time, maurice uses the platform to mental! Good news saying, & quot ; Miracles do happen child is actually Benards wifes sister! How to get help: in the soap opera actor best known for his role as Sonny Corinthos on Hospital. Loving home was completed when they took in Heather Rose, Joshua James been married to Paula since! Thousands of people each week, children, Days of our Lives ) it out Here -- - gt! My sister Donna used2hate taking pictures March 1, 1963, in Temecula, California, America up... Children, Cailey Sofia, Cassidy Rose, Joshua James, Heather Smith... September 2014, maurice hadnt renewed his contract with GH since 1990 year. Worth & Wiki-Facts to speak with a family parents to four children, family, net is! A bank clerk and she gave me beautiful advice, which helped put him on the.... With Chelsea Frei, who was once diagnosed with bipolar disorder, has been a voice. Compare to Sonny career and more Benards net worth is $ 2 million maurice Bnard wiki.... Your Google or Facebook password and more Florida, and even with a trained Crisis at... In Benard 's children: learn about his mental health and his sweet granddaughter completely!
Words To Describe A Mother Daughter Relationship, City Of Oshkosh Boat Launch Permit, What Capacity Are Royal Caribbean Cruise Ships Sailing At, Articles M